[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - Golden Oldie [closed]
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:05 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Golden Oldie [closed]
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:07 am 

Hi Guys

Don’t know if you remember me from the golden oldie days of [FuN] 4 Goldrush but I have a quick announcement that some of you may be interested in.

In protest for all the bans, kicks, insults, false accusations of cheating and god only knows what, that the not so [FuN] admins have unfairly dished out over the years we have decided to clone their instagib server that they so unfairly shutdown with no regard to the players and create our own [FuN] 4 Goldrush server.

We spoke to them briefly on IRC and got Mazza’s blessing as follows:

Grooverider: hey any objections to me setting up a goldy server along the lines of the fun one ?

[FuN]Mazza good luck with it.

Grooverider: Thanks.

[FuN]Mazza No one plays it anymore.

Grooverider: Didn’t u ban them all ?

Oops - Grooverider banned for being spot on again.

Anyway, we’d love your support and help so please come along and have some real fun for a change rather than the [F**k U Nub] attitude you are so used to :P

Of course, we got the best server money can buy : it's a hardcore JOLT box and you can find it here -
Admin edit: IP removed

Cheers

Grooverider
Remeber folks, Goldie’s for life, not just for xmas

Also, there will probably be a bunch of [FuN] followers who'll say stuff like cheaters, haxors etc. Well, why not make up your own minds by visiting the server and seeing for yourselves.

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:58 am 

ok, i didnt quite catch exactly what u were saying at our forums but now i see..... ur protesting them shutting down THEIR server which THEY paid for the make an exact copy of THEIR server? how exactly is that a protest? "with no regard to the players" wth man? like said before it was their server they just let people on it. i never remember u being like this

P.S. sorry for posting this in ur forums fp, i just didnt quite get it in our forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:01 am 

I've had to really work hard at understanding what you've written, but this post is exactly the same as the one on your server. I expect you didn’t want to embarrass yourself on home turf so you replied here instead ??

Now for your benefit only, as I assume everyone else who posts here is literate, it means the following:

[FuN] kick, ban, insult and falsely accuse anyone they feel like without just cause and proof. – Got that, pretty straight forward really.

Because they've kicked, banned, insulted and falsely accused so many people who play on their servers, especially the [FuN] 4 Goldrush server, there is now nobody left to play on it, expect of course [FuN] themselves and their anally retentive followers – like you.

As there are less players, there is also less cost justification to keep the server running - so they shut it down.

So, my argument stems from paragraph 3/4 and suggests that they were responsible for purging their server of players to the extent that no-one played there anymore :(

Therefore, I’ve setup my own server, which is a clone of theirs so we can all have goldy fun and frolics again.

Simple – cause and effect.

Groove

Last edited by grooverider on Sat May 14, 2005 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:02 am 

well i just hope it gets crowded again :) i'll come and visit it when there are ppl on :D

btw, you had the permission to name it [FuN] 4 Goldrush? :/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:49 pm 

No, but we thought it would be a laugh :P Please drop by soon all are welcome.

Post subject: Re: Golden Oldie
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:27 pm 

cool ill pop in aswell! what can fun do though if u use there name??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:16 pm 

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:08 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 6:59 pm 

Hey All

Thanks for supporting us and coming to the server. Also BIG THANKS to all who are helping sort out the server config - comments welcome anytime.

Also, if you have ideas on how to improve on [FuN]'s config please let us know. One thing we are trying is a single shove kill for those of us who r really sneaky :P

Cheers and thanks

Groovy
v55

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:02 pm 

Oh forgot

We're dead serious about getting this server up and running. We're also thinking about setting up some 1v1, 3v3 and 6v6 leagues but it's early days yet.

The reason we've kept the fun name for now is to try to attracy ppl back to the game. Once goldy is established again we'll probably change the name.

We've rented the JOLT Goldy server for 6 months already and we expect with your support to be extended this indefinitely.

Cheers again

Groove
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:19 pm 

thast right i didnt wanna embarass myself at spk forums where every1 agrees with me. i just didnt really realize what u were sayin till i read it again. and as i said before it was their server they have the right to ban some1 without reason. and i still dont see how its a protest to clone a server. gonna try not to post here anymore tho unless i have to considering its fp forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:09 pm 

I'm gonna close this topic as this aint the place to put such stuff. We are not always as good friends with FuN but this action is out of line. If another clan would put a new server in name of [fP] we wouldnt be happy either.

You are just using their name for your own good to get people on the server and we are not gonna help. Do it like [fP] does, make a server populair with your own name and you are welcome to post it here.

Topic closed

[ Life is pretty! ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]