[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - couple words about in figth self kill (ifsk)
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:57 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: couple words about in figth self kill (ifsk)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:02 pm 

Hey everybody, its Hoffie.

some of u guys know me from my nice side, and couple from not so nice. anyway i wanted to discuss about the <in_figth_self_kill>.
first of all ill explain u my opinion about that part in the game, the meaning of that action, cases when its happend, people whos not so understand the meaning of that rule and writing - !admin **** ifsk, kick him

in global, InFigthSelfKill means - when too players from oposite teams meet each other in some tunnel, one of them medic with 156 hp, and the other engineer with 76 hp for example, they starting to shoot each other, and in some second the medic feels that he gonna lose this fight or nevermind witch reason he have, and he killing himself - its pure IFSK. many players think for example again, if they running and a granade meet they head and blow them to pieces and the person who trow the nade kill him self before he even saw his enemy - its a ifsk. every player should understand the different between those too, and the fact that many dont - make me go crazy(sorry).

another example, i had this one, i was out of ammo, and the spawntime was about 2 sec left, so i press /kill, in that time other player saw me(i did not saw him), and im sure he was so hot to use the backshot option and rape me off, but i do what i do, and i get the admin in front of me telling me that was last warning.

im personaly talking to all fp players, and especily admins. and asking for *make the people read the rules before they get into the server.*

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: couple words about in figth self kill (ifsk)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:13 pm 
Par 3 Chump

To put it simply no ifsk allowed when you could be shot, denying the attacker of a kill, if you want to make the spawn make sure your out of sight were you cant be shot

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:14 pm 
Reigning Live! Golf Champion & Par 3 Champ

OK,

IFSK is defined as far as we are concerned as any selfkilling during a fight.....

Fight = shooting at each other/throwing a grenade at someone/knife/dirty look/etc etc

Regardless of what it is....if you're in combat with another player and hit your poxily binded /kill button - IFSK

If your spotted by an Admin doing it you take your chances and welcome to the forums Hoffie v55

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:20 pm 

You not seeing the person about to shoot you, doesn't mean you didn't IFSK, it means you didn't do it on purpose, but it is YOUR obligation to check before you selfkill and where you do it for it to not be IFSK...

As we perfectly get your point and we all know the different situations of selfkilling it is imposible to judge every situation on its own as then we should just get employed and mostly get payed to go through every IFSK situation and act accordingly. So there is a simple rule of NO IFSK, in NO situation (A GENERAL RULE, NOT GETTING INTO DETAILS WHY AND WHEN) either its a nade on your head (just to deprive the enemy of getting a kill and more importantly leaving them with half a clip of ammo to be slaughtered by your teammates coming behind you) as you stated OR no-ammo-2-sec-before-respawn situation. When infight (and that includes people just about to backrape you) you shouldn't selfkill end of story. It happens that you really didn't see and didn't know someone was aiming at you, but as i said that is the risk you take when doing /kill and you should also bare the consiquences.

Point beeing NO IFSK for what so ever reason and if you're careless enough to do it infight (wanted or unwanted) well you should take the warning or kick or whatever and just go with it, its not like there's a choice tbh.

Hope that helps a bit ;)

Welcome to the forums v55

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:57 pm 

If a tree falls in a wood with no one around, does the tree make a sound?

Abit aw0.5 MAX MOBO none compatible
10 MB Seagate HD 1RPS
5kps Orange broadband
No brand Floppy drive.
Soundblaster mono l!ve2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:17 am