[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - to smoothen up the game
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:49 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: to smoothen up the game
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:15 am 

if fps stable and net more or less ok then you need to assign more memory to the game. Do this by creating a shortcut (if windows) and add to command-line:
"path_to_ET" +set com_zoneMegs 256 +set com_hunkMegs 512 +set com_soundMegs 256
!Go higher than 512 mb at your own risk!
!This cannot be done via the console or cfg!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: to smoothen up the game
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:26 am 

Thanks ethereal, you're suggestions are very indepth and I'm sure will help a lot of us \o/

I'm having issues with unstable fps, do you have any suggestions about that? The weird thing is that whenever I connect to the server it seems to be rock solid, but after a while playing (let's say 15 mins or 30 mins) they get jumpy and my game play is somewhat slideshow like...

Any suggestions more then welcome

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:21 am 

It sounds like the memory thing described above. When you start the game the hunk is clear and for some time the game is smooth. Then the hunk fills completely with information and you experience unstability. That'd be my guess:)
You could also try b_simpleitems 1 as the more players there are the more models have to be generated. With this command you switch every dropped item to a spirite. Also r_primitives 2 might come in handy - it probably won't help but it won't hurt either:).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:44 pm 

Binary :

Just ET ? Or this happens also with other programs ?

I had simillar thing and it was the matter of thermo active paste on procesor.

8(7

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:03 pm 

Well just ET, I also play BF3 from time to time and there's no problem there.

ethereal thanks m8 I will try your suggestions \o/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:27 am 

other games!!! what is this blasthemy!!! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:26 pm 

Yea I know :( I've been a bad boy :P but it feels good to change things a bit every now and then, however ET still remains my first game mistress :)Y

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:56 pm 

Roflz P4in is going for holy crusade against tho are playing other games. O~)
Cheers Ernie

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:15 pm 

ethereal could you explain your first post in more detail - I'm trying to create a shortcut on my desktop (win7) and nothing happens lol, so I haven't come pass stage 1 even.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:42 pm 

1. right click on an icon with ET and create a shortcut
3. right click on shortcut and choose properties
4. add to a command line the memory thingy above. Mine lokks like this: "E:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +set com_zoneMegs 256 +set com_hunkMegs 512+set com_soundMegs 256 +connect 82.136.37.61:27960

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:38 pm 

See that's the correct way to explain :P thanks m8 \o/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:24 pm 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:52 pm 

Nope haven't tried that yet. Can I just use that setting bind or do I have to do something else?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:21 pm 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:38 pm 

Attachments:
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg [ 382.04 KiB | Viewed 30317 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:31 pm 

See, programming is precise. You gotta put in:
"E:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +set
and not
"E:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe"+set
space is missing in the second line...:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:37 pm 

You're right, missed that space :) thanks not it went in fine, however the problem remains :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:28 pm 

Let's think out loud and write that:)
1. It's most likely not the game problem. You could double check that by typing /meminfo in console when the problem occurs, though.
2. You could set the graphics card's settings back to default if you have them tweaked. They sometimes mess up with opengl, especially on such an old game.
3. Do you have an integrated or dedicated graphics card (or both)? Make sure integrated one is disabled if you have both.
4. You could try assigning one core to ET (if you have multicore CPU). Maybe second core is being used after some time?
5. Maybe CPU overheats?. Unlikely, but monitor its temperature during the game.
6. Touch a power supply when the problem starts occuring. Is it hot?
7. Take a vacuum cleaner and clean your pc. What helps here is a little modelling brush to dust out the hardest parts.
8. And then...........I think dassem is right:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:50 pm 

Profile E-mail