[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - Grumpy ET players :(
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:33 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Grumpy ET players :(
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:08 am 

The title has nothing to do with, I hasten to add, [fP]members, but other players who play on the Demolition server.

Until about 2 weeks ago I'd never played ET. Plays hell with my gfx card. Anyway, with Gwain's expert tuition ;), I've been enjoying it and starting to find my way around the maps. I do have on question tho' - why are ET players so grumpy??

I got a complaint filed against me twice yesterday for kill/reviving two different team mates :roll: :roll: and another when someone stepped on a mine I'd put down. It wasn't in a daft place and clearly visible. Today I had someone file against me for killing him with an airstrike. Now I have to hold my hands up for the airstrike - I almost never play Lt./Field Ops, cause I'm crap at it and forget which button to press for airstrike and which for ammo. Anyway, instead of giving this guy some ammo, I lobbed some nice pink smoke at him, cos I pressed the wrong flamin button. I apologised immediately (before he was even dead in fact) and he still filed a complaint. What is wrong with these people??

OK rant over.............glad I got that off my chest :)

Luv Smudger

Better to remain quiet and be thought ignorant than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

I don't suffer from stress - I'm a carrier :)

The best things in life aren't things

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:50 am 

i dont think all ET players are grumpy!! i know im not grumpy! i think its because if you are trying to kill some one and he kills you first, then i know i be a little mad just for a sec!

One Shot One Kill...

You Have Just Been Slayed By..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:56 am 

Complaining only should be used when a teamkiller is shooting people in their own spawn or something like that.. but for an airstrike or mine, no cmon..

Personally i got complaing disabled, so i always do f2 when i get killed by my teammate..

if someone does complain on me, i ask em why.. it was a mistake

[ Life is pretty! ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:34 pm 

With Kill/Reviving, i disagree with it personally, think it is a bad tactic to use, but if someone does it to me, i wont complain, unless i had a decent amount of health already, and then i would complain, because i would want them to know not to do it again.

As for other things, if i die in a team airstrike, i never complain, because i know how inaccurate those stupid things are, and it can happen alot, so i just go grumble under my breath lol.

And of course i NEVER complain about mines, because 99% of the time it is my fault if i step on one, unless they put one intentionally to trap you and attept to kill you, but you can tell these scumbags a mile away.

What does annoy me is that stupid crunchy sounding shove thing, people always do, it annoys the hell out of me when i am running and i suddenly am shoved in such a way my running stops for a second.

Just dont do that to me, even for a joke, and il be as happy as a sandboy

lol

My ranting over :)

To sum up, people are grumpy more on ET because there are so many more idiots who play it solely to ruin everyone elses fun, thats why server wise, you always need complaining on, because it averages out to being a very handy tool

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:36 pm 

most of the time when i complain is when i missed the F2 with the F1 button because i want to do it too fast :oops:

the other times it is when ppl already complained when i killed them by accident... dunno, just can't leave it :oops:

mines and airstrikes... well, i never complain for those things because, just like kevi said, it's always YOUR fault

maybe it's a good idea to unbind it lead :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:51 pm 

i dont care if my team mates kills me its only cause i own at ET :lol:
lmfao. j/k nah i only ever complain if it was someone doing it to all team players otherwise i never complain :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:09 pm 

PErsonally i have disabled my complaint Popup Menu, i think i filed 4 complaint in my life as ET Player lol

btw, complaints for mines should be off...

Cheers

"I Have Nothing Funny to Say"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:47 pm 

Set mines ouside your own base, that will teach em! lol just kidding. Just do what i do, they file a stupid complaint on me, call a kick vote. Personally i have filed a complaint against someone for kill reviveing me because i had 80 life, instead of just waiting and throwing me a pack he killed me and i revived with 55 health and he never did throw me a pack. So being the complete gentleman i am not i waited til i saw he was playing as a sniper and was on the roof of a bldg. So i walked p and kinda accidentaly nudged him off. OK so it actually took 3 shoves to do it, but it was pretty damn funny.

I have also encountered a guy that purposely gets TKed so he can file a complaint. You plant dyno and he stands on it, mines he jumps on and he always walks in front of your gun. I have no idea what his problem is, but his nameis UnsungHero. Do me a favor, if you see him DON't kick his butt becaise he seems to enjoy that :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:02 pm 

Better to remain quiet and be thought ignorant than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

I don't suffer from stress - I'm a carrier :)

The best things in life aren't things

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:05 pm 

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:05 am 
Reigning Live! Golf Champion & Par 3 Champ

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: ooo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:04 pm 

I suck at ET the games are always full.Do you guys have a bloody!! private game or wot.
If so wot is the ip.adress for it please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:30 pm 

lol they all on the homepage of [fP] site

Profile E-mail