[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - Mouse options...yours?
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:35 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Mouse options...yours?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:55 am 
Reigning Live! Golf Champion & Par 3 Champ

Quick poll, until recently ive used my original trusty rollerball mouse and
its lasted well for over 2 1/2 years of owning :D. It packed up a couple of weeks ago so I bought a fairly cheap optical mouse, to put it mildly its crap...its judders ingame sometimes goes the opposite way its supposed to :x

What do you use? optical/wireless/rollerball and bearing in mind my desk is a hardwood so quite dark would that make an optical mouse less responsive?

Replies quick cos im gonna buy one this afternoon come what may :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 9:08 am 

I've got a logitech MX500 optical.......best mouse I've ever had. The extra programmable buttons are great, but I mainly like it because it's very smooth. I don't think having a dark coloured desk is an issue (well it doesn't seem to cause me any problems). From memory it cost about £25-£30. Happy hunting :)

Luv Smudger

Better to remain quiet and be thought ignorant than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

I don't suffer from stress - I'm a carrier :)

The best things in life aren't things

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:19 am 

Got the MX700 (cordless, optical).. I think its the same as the mx500 except its cordless (and it got batteries so its a lil heavier but i like that) As smudge said, the buttons are very handy :)

If its for games only i suggest the .. it got a cord and high resolution.

[ Life is pretty! ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:39 am 

I use the logitech trackman wheel, once you get used to it I swear youll never use another type of mouse, well reccomended.

[FP]ST220

"Smooth, That's How We Do It"

"The purist, non-conformist, jaded subhuman game player"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:35 pm 

Microsoft (me hears distant screams) Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 (as preferred by FiringRange ;D)
And a fUnc sUrface 1030 <3

Extra buttons yadda yadda, I love it. Best one I've ever felt up.
And the pad makes sooooooo much more difference. But you pay through the nose for it. Mine just come with zee computer \o

[Edit: Man, I can't believe my desk used to be that tidy :/ ]

Last edited by Cyan on Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:18 pm 

Better to remain quiet and be thought ignorant than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:42 pm 

i have optical mouse but i have to buy new one every 2 months, cause i'm aggressive when gaming :oops: :oops:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:04 pm 

Aye, that was a few days after I got it. Now I summon the usage of 'chaos storage'. Everything in one cramped space and you know where everything is \o/

My excuse anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:21 pm 

i got this one, i'm very happy with it

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:28 pm 

Here's mine. Logitech MX510. It's wired and optical, my favorite combination (so it's pretty much skipless). Also, like Smudge said, it has those extra buttons to program so you have, left click, right click, scroll wheel, up and down scroll buttons, and then ones by you're thumb that can go forward and backward on the internet. Not to mention a button that handles the tasbar. It's like an ALT+Tab. :D
Cost me fifty US bucks, but it's worth it in my opinion. :)

I have a question, too, regarding the DPI (I THINK). I just got this mouse and I still have a problem where it doesn't cover all of the area when you move it in the smallest increment. Like say, if I'm sniping someone in CoD, they may be standing on a pixel that I can't exactly get to if I just try to move my gun there. I actually have to move myself and my gun differently to put my crosshairs exactly on their head. It can be very frustrating sometimes. I know I have my Display DPI set to 96. I want to be able to move just my gun smoothly without having to move myself.
Any help????????

Last edited by GTSR on Fri Jul 16, 2004 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:49 pm 

Looks just like mine.........except mine is silver on the top instead of red :) Can't help with the DPI - soz.

Luv Smudger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:57 pm 

i got an optical one for a few months, but i agree with Big Al... it sometimes spins when im fighting in kills only matches (prolly cos i move faster when im concentraying?) but it has caused me to die a few times when i wouldnt have normally.

yep, give me a nice looking (new) ball mouse and il swap ya

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:20 am 

I got this one (Logitech MX510 Optical Mouse):

http://www.verkkokauppa.com/productimag ... 841_02.jpg

It is the best mouse i have ever had.

800-dpi sensor
sents 5.8 megapixels/sec
and can handle 15G acceleration

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:07 pm 

I thought it only came in red... :shock:
I want blue! lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:33 pm 
Reigning Live! Golf Champion & Par 3 Champ

well thx for all the answers....i plumped for the logitech mx700
in the end :P

just gotta figure which of these buttons makes the coffee 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:32 pm 

i use trackman by Logitech

Designed for everyone who needs extreme accuracy and lightning-fast response times, TrackMan® Wheel delivers top performance throughout the whole day - with comfort and in style. Here is a trackball devised by design engineers and technologists to form the link between the fastest thinking and precise and positive action on-screen.

* Advanced optical technology for greater accuracy!!!!!!!!!!
* Three customizable buttons and a scroll wheel in a design that fits your right hand comfortably

when playing first person shooter, accuracy is your best friend :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:56 pm 

i still own you 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:40 am 

OK guys I discovered my problemo! I just had to lower the sensitivity. :P In all my games (especially CoD) I have it maxed or almost maxed out. It all makes sense now. Thanks Lead for the help. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:56 pm 

Gyration optical, wireless and baseless (which means u can hold it up in the air and use it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:33 pm 

Profile E-mail