[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - Help meeeeeeeeeeeee =/ (puter problems)
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:53 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Help meeeeeeeeeeeee =/ (puter problems)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:27 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:25 pm 

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:57 am 

Have u updateted any GeForce Drivers before Christmas ? Maybe thats the Problem. If yes, try some older Drivers fpr GeForce Grafic Cards (40.xx)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:59 pm 

Yeah, thanks. This has already been tried with no success :cry: I forgot to mention that I've tried cleaning all unnecessary files i.e. Temp Internet files, Cache, Old cookies etc etc. No luck :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:47 pm 

Which windows you running?

When u get a 'freeze' is it just ET, e.g. can u move your mouse or do alt-tab, is your harddisk going crazy? Can it be a overheating? How does the cpu graph look during a freeze?

[ Life is pretty! ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:25 pm 

Currently running Windows XP PRO SP2...and I don't know how my CPU graph looks during a freeze, because I can't get it to come up :wink: The whole computer freezes =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:40 pm 
Reigning Live! Golf Champion & Par 3 Champ

can u remember if you changed anything about the time the prob started i.e sp2 :?:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:26 pm 

No all the changes I made to try n sort me problem were in the past few months, SP2 came a lil while before. Only made a lil difference to my ET. Looks like I'm gonna have to save up 4 new hardware. A big thank you to everyone that looked at this topic, and to the advice I've been given since :)

- Fredi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:23 am 

Well atleast u need to know whats causing it before u replace all new hardware..

[ Life is pretty! ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:29 am 

To replace the motherboard to a suitable model, its about £35..doesnt seem like much right? Put the graphics card on top of that and it totals £115...I think it also needs more RAM, takes 2 minute 30 seconds (on average) .....[ yes I have timed it....blame it on the drink :roll: ] to exit a game like ET and return to the desktop. More RAM would cost around (£35 ?) taking the total to £150....I can get a 3.0Ghz P4 with 512MB RAM and TFT monitor for £280....might aswell replace the whole feckin thing! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:01 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:47 am 

awww

[ Life is pretty! ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:01 am 

OK If you really want to know whats wrong then you "can" do the following and I can help you out.....

click:

start, run and then enter perfmon

This will run somethign called system monitor, click the little plus sign and add all of the counters from the following:

Cache
Memory
Objects
Paging file
Process
Processor
System

Use the machine normally for a little while and then launch ET, have the issue and then try and get back to the perfmon screen, save the log let me know and ill set you an ftp location to upload this to, Ill look at the log and tell you whats wrong.....

Maybe you need more RAM or your HDD is too slow but this will tell youexactly whats wrong,

If you need any help setting this up if you want to let me know....

Otherwise Ill get my coat! :P

[FP]ST220

"Smooth, That's How We Do It"

"The purist, non-conformist, jaded subhuman game player"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:30 am 

:shock: St220*, thats what they call help each other! The only thing i can do is say stupid things, because i dont know that much about computers :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:54 pm 

Before you go all out on new hardware, try a nice new defrag.

I use diskeeper :*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:43 am 

power supply or ram issue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:05 pm 

RAM issue I think. I've just bought a new one anyway. ST220* - tried sending you mail, however not sure if I got the right address or not. All - Thx for suggestions :P