[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - Rules - Demolition_Centre_Too (DC2)- Effective August 2008
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:22 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:12 pm 

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:22 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:19 pm 

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Rules - Demolition_Centre_Too (DC2)- Effective August 2008
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:06 pm 

if on either team and you feel the need to run thru spawn , the most gentlemanly thing to do is to hit the selfkill button if the enemy spawn right in front of you.

this should not be considered IFSK if you have not fired a shot, and a shot has not been fired at you.

when 20 enemies drop out of the sky in front of you with a ! above their heads .. its brown trousers time.

just to clarify .. this is correct if you are passing thru .. not a Fops with an airstrike can in his mits that has been caught short

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:54 pm 

You know there's a risk of the enemy spawning when you choose to run through there spawn, therefore you should take the death if they do spawn on you, tbf it's your own fault if you can't watch when they spawn and then keep track of it you fail tbh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:02 am 
Par 3 Chump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:31 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:09 pm 

What about killing inactives?

I don't like it. Ive seen many regulars doing it (wont name em). As long as the spawn is no killing zone, dont do it.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:32 pm 

Meh I went with what rooster said to me in fireteam if your afk your a free kill, why afk in the middle of a game and not expect some one to frag you?

If you pass a judgement of not killing afks then fine i'll stick to it like i stick to the other rules, I just can't see it being possible to inforce a no afk killing rule. For example axis second spawn on Goldrush ally medics basically rush that hoping there's afks to frag in all honesty its not really much of a benefit gambling spawn times and your own teams spam if your not going to get some easy frags.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:15 am 
Zim wishes his girlfriend was hot like me

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:25 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:37 pm 

Fine by me, I'm looking forward to you enforcing this on goldrush which I gave as an example earlier, should see most of the alliance adrenaline abusers being kicked, sounds awesome to me :)

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:13 pm 

Maybe we'll make Goldrush as an exception to this rule :P .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:51 pm 

So what about if Axis are camping, defending spawn on 2nd goldrush and their 2nd Oasis spawn and you want to gun your way through to get to Obj? Small guns only no nades or camping just shoot the campers? Is this allowed? There's nearly always a few camping the route can't exactly walk in and ask to be let past.

Abit aw0.5 MAX MOBO none compatible
10 MB Seagate HD 1RPS
5kps Orange broadband
No brand Floppy drive.
Soundblaster mono l!ve2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:56 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:22 pm 

Could we edit Fuel Dump spawnkilling rules, for the 2nd Allies spawn (on the Ice) in the first stage of the map? :P

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:12 pm 

I see your point BinaryStar but enforcing that would be pretty difficult in my opinion.
The 2nd spawn on the ice is only really useful at the very start of the map, after that it's suicide.

Allies have the option of spawning safely at the hut, or spawn at the much riskier 2nd spot on the ice.
I don't see how you could enforce that Axis aren't allowed to shoot any Allies in that area.

just my thoughts ....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:55 pm 

As i perfectly agree with you, its a fact things need to be put black on white, which means included into the rules, last time razzle was on demo2 and warned axis not to be killing people behind the log (tree lying on the ice) after which i asked about that situation (because exactly because that rule is missing from the Rules list i didn't know it existed) and he explained that behind that log noone (from allies) should be killed upon spawn, a different scenario ofcourse is if the spawned person stays behind the log and starts firing at axis, in that case axis can return fire, atleast so i was told... which means that the rule on that 2nd allied spawn exists and therefor should (imo) be included in the Rules list.

Enforcing that rule is a completely different story... but that's not for me or you to deciede i guess. (its up to the clan or its leaders)

I'll give you an example... I or any other admin which deciedes allies are getting spammed to much at that spawn (lets say for the sake of argument, admins don't jump on every shooting of axis into the spawning allies in the Ice spawn) deciedes to do something about it, and starts warning people about it, an axis (who maybe knows the whole list of Rules, or deciedes to go check for that rule in the Rule book) replies there is NO such rule written in the Rule Book or the ever-green response, you're the only admin that says this and this, the others don't warn for that etc... which is pretty anoying sometimes, because tbh every admin has his/hers tolerance limits and not every admin admins the same. But having that Rule in the Rule Book would make things very obvious and non-negotiable as the admin at hand would simply say, quote or copy/paste the rule in question.

I understand your view, but try to understand mine or i hope ours. (Y)

You definately got a point tho. I just think consistency amongst admins and upkeeping of the rules is very important for smooth sailing of our server.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:16 pm 
i helped the server upgrade fund and all i got was this lousy rank :P

i agree with binary... but i think that this spawn is really in open and you can basicly shoot there from every where from axise side of river. The foot bridge is just to close to that spawn and therefore axis cant really arty or FoF the bridge. I think that in early stage of game (till they get the 2nd spawn) allies have the safety of the hut spawn, but the ice spawn should be excluded from no kill zone.

But admins should more drasticly sanction all the FoF on the roof of the hut or direct panzer shoots inside hut... that happens a lot and that kills the game...but the ice spawn area should be freedom of choice for alies and a free to kill area for axis...

IMO...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:07 am 

Its hard to enforce rules on the ice spawn i agree, but just imagine if we had no restrictions, that spawn would be even more useless for allies as it is now, as some frag-hungry fieldops would just spam that area with arti, mortar guys could concentrate on that area and/or medics and others would camp allies asses off (which happens already most of the time)... its like 2nd allies spawn on battery in the first stage of the map, its completely open for spawnkilling, yet we don't allow it, so imo its not imposible to expect people from keeping their fire infront of the lying log on the ice... we just need to define it and write it down black on white.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next