[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - Rules - Demolition_Centre_Too (DC2)- Effective August 2008
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:55 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Rules - Demolition_Centre_Too (DC2)- Effective August 2008
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:10 am 

Fact is rules, differ somewhat from map to map. Our rules are by far not even close to being perfect, i am aware of that and we are aware of that. What pissed me off yesterday is you acting like a prick, when after i nicely asked to stay out of our spawn you said No several times in a very irretating manner which certainly not help your case. Me being in a bad mood at that time didn't help you either. Admins are people as well, having bad days and all... so i apologize for my angry response.

What pissed me off the most is 1.) you being a regular, braking the rules, 2.) after being asked to stop, saying you won't, 3.) after told about the rule, claiming that you know the rules (yet braking them)

As i already told you ingame yesterday, us admins have a shitload of annoying repetitive work everyday, with new, semi-new players and which is absurd and the most annoying, with regulars that on a daily basis act stupid and brake the rules (you excluded). Which means work for us, sometimes it feels like a babysitting thing, with 32 kids warning this guy, explaining yourself to that guy, enforcing rules here, kicking people there etc.. it gets crazy. While all we want is, just like everyone else that comes to the server to have nice clean fun...

Yea it's just a game, but it's a game that we provide a server for and in order to keep it clean and fun for most players, we have rules, which we have to enforce as sadly people are to arrogant or ignorant or whatever else, to follow on their own.

So what i expect, and i believe this goes for every admin on here, is for AT LEAST regular players, to play by the rules, so we AT LEAST have ONE GROUP of people LESS to worry about - meaning a fraction less work for us, and in return a fraction more fun for us.

Everything i told you, for GoldRush - and for Radar is true.

Having a unified rule for all maps would be awesome, but we don't and that's what we have to deal with - all of us.

Greets

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:17 pm 

Well, I wasnt try to annoy u, I'm just using that "no" saying usually on Battery when someone complaining about my mortar spawnkilling on the forward bunker. Sorry if U thought I was trying to do it to make u angry. Tbh I thought: "Oh well, some newbie admin dont know the rules about using SMG in spawn", bcoz i was sure that this spawn zone apply the same rules as goldrush 2nd spawn. Apparently not.
And that is part when I got confussed, bcoz I thought if goldrush is named no kill zone but I can use SMG passing by, so I can use SMG in axis 2nd spawn on radar.
So could u tell me in which no kill spawn zones on each map I can use SMG or pistol, so we dont waste time to discuss it on the server.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:12 pm 

GOLD RUSH:

Axis 2nd spawn – No kill zone inside the spawn courtyard
* No heavy weapons in the courtyard area next to spawn (boxes and crates)
* REMEMBER – Allies are allowed to pass through spawn AT THEIR OWN RISK and must not drop grenades, purposely camp, or ifsk if axis spawn during them using the shortcut. Using a heavy weapon/arty on axis spawn will be dealt with severely (if no axis heavy weapon camped there).

RADAR:

Axis 2nd spawn (MAIN) – No kill zone inside the spawn room
* REMEMBER – Allies can get ammo/health and pass through AT THEIR OWN RISK and must NOT KILL
Axis 2nd spawn (small hut) – No kill zone inside the hut
* No Heavy weapons onto the hut

============================================================================================

In general rules can get confusing, but with amendments (the stuff after *), everything gets pretty clear and has no room for misinterpretation to be honest. Just read the rules and follow them.

FYI, some admins might not admin every part of the rule, while others might. On GoldRush i would never warn anyone for using SMG and i never have - because it's a straigh path to the objective, on Radar however i have and i will if i see allies hanging around the spawn killing axis off. In your case yesterday this particular admin (me) acted on the rule, some admins might ignore this one. I asked nicely, i put you to spec, i directed you to the forum. Rules are here in plain sight and imo not that hard to understand and follow.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:21 pm 

OK, got it now.
Last 2 qestions:
Oasis 2nd axis spawn (inside courtyard): no smg/pistol/knife while passing courtyard, right?
Railgun axis tower spawn: Can I shoot enemies standing on that ledge with barrier around the actual spawn room?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:32 pm 

I have one tiny question about rules too.

Map: Goldrush

Allies have stolen the tank and spawn where axis had their 1st spawn. Is that tank courtyard no heavy weapons zone for axis? Or can axis for example shoot mortar shells inside that area?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:58 pm 
Par 3 Chump

as tank is part of the objective you can morta and air strike the crap out of it, only until tank is out of courtyard, then its off limits to heavies :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:10 pm 

Well razzle then you have to change this rule :

Goldrush

Allies 1st spawn – No kill zone
* No heavy weapons beyond/past grids B3 and B4 on map (press G or L in game)
Allies 2nd spawn – No kill zone inside the spawn room.

Axis 1st spawn - No kill zone inside the spawn room.
Axis 2nd spawn – No kill zone inside the spawn courtyard
* No heavy weapons in the courtyard area next to spawn (boxes and crates)
* REMEMBER – Allies are allowed to pass through spawn AT THEIR OWN RISK and must not drop grenades, purposely camp, or ifsk if axis spawn during them using the shortcut. Using a heavy weapon/arty on axis spawn will be dealt with severely (if no axis heavy weapon camped there).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:51 pm 

Well no Zenon, the tank is in the COURTYARD not in the SPAWN ROOMS :P so the rule is well written imo.

@ Otsa, the courtyard on GoldRush is not spawn protected, even when allies have stolen the tank, ONLY THE SPAWN ROOMS ARE - meaning INDOORS, OUTDOORS is basically opened for any kind of attack.

@ CountryMike

Oasis 2nd axis spawn (inside courtyard): no smg/pistol/knife while passing courtyard, right?

Well the rules state, that it's a NO KILL ZONE, but i and any other admin will never enforce that rule. You can use light weapons (SMG, RIFLE, STEN, FG42, PISTOLS, KNIFE) all nonexplosive weapons basically and noone will warn you for it. However if you camp around that spawn - like some players tend to do, i will ask you to stop.

Railgun axis tower spawn: Can I shoot enemies standing on that ledge with barrier around the actual spawn room?

Again the same as the above, the rules again say NO KILL ZONE, but for light weapons (look above, which those are), noone will warn you for it.

========================================================================================

Like i said, rules are far from perfect and as we can all see - some rules raise more questions, perhaps this would be a perfect opportunity to amend the rules and make them more clear for everyone. I suggested this a long time ago and also offered to do that myself - but never got to it. Perhaps, this is another boost that will get me to do it.

Greets

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:13 pm 

I know the rule is well written... 2 days ago Otsa was complaining at me i am spawnkilling couse i killed him on that courtyard with an airstrike and i copy past him this rule.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:06 pm 

Well i wasn't complaining but raising question about heavy weaps on that area... :P

I might remember wrong but i think heavy weaps inside courtyard were forbidden earlier.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:39 pm 
Par 3 Chump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:16 pm 

Yeah its fair like this :) Nah razzle i bet you just forgot it :P

We will blame you NP :)

Profile E-mail