[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - server improvements IS REQUIRED
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:12 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: server improvements IS REQUIRED
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:13 pm 

Hello.
After playing about a month in your main server, i have several complaints:

- minimum maxpackets should be higher -> between 80s and 100 ----> low maxpackets (30's) cause player to be "unhit" due to warping

- NEW CAMPAIGNS / maps <-- yes, the server really needs this! for people like me (and i am playing in the server for 1 month lol) this server gets borings very fast, because there is no map rotation. i have a few suggestions:

-- mlb_temple
-- caen2
-- venice
-- marketgarden_et
-- saberpeak_final
-- mml_helmsdeep_a3
-- mp_assault_rc1
-- et_beach
-- mp_tram
-- tc_base

- if ya dont like spawnkill / IFSK, then i would also suggest some LUA scripts that can avoid those situations, check them out here: http://www.antman.info/wolf/etpro/?path=luamodules/

I REALLY hope you discuss and give your opinions about this suggestions! People like fun, new stuff to do, discover new paths, new ways of killing, new fragging spots..

Thanks for the time!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: server improvements IS REQUIRED
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:27 pm 

Agreed.
There's actually no point in having a campaign where we play 2 times the map Battery for example.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:37 pm 

So your first post on our forum is to complain and you've been playing on it for a whole month! No thanks for providing a server, no thanks for people who give their time to admin, no thanks to the people who pay. And everyone wonders why we get fed up. Constructive criticism is always welcome but your post isn't even remotely constructive - just an egotistical wishlist. The server has been running for many years and pretty much everything you've suggested has been tried. We have a custom server sitting empty day in and out - the only way we could get anyone on it at all was to REDUCE the number of custom maps. So complain as much as you like, but just for the record, it's people like you - who have no idea what may or may not have been tried, but waltz in telling us how to do it, that really make me feel like packing it in for good.

Thanks for that!

Better to remain quiet and be thought ignorant than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

I don't suffer from stress - I'm a carrier :)

The best things in life aren't things

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:50 pm 
Par 3 Chump

Demo Centre Too will never again run custom maps. We have tried on numerous occasions with the odd custom map and the server popularity dwindled, so we got a custom rotation server and guess what no one joins it, but its there running if you want to join it "82.136.37.62:27960"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:00 am 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:10 am 

Perhaps because, as pointed out above, we've already tried. Have no probs with people trying to make things "better", but at least come up with something we haven't already tried - several times.

Better to remain quiet and be thought ignorant than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:13 am 

Asides from the map list? Are u saying u've tried for example increasing the min maxpackets and rate?

Or any of these?

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=6502

Really?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:14 am 
Par 3 Chump

The point i was making is we have another server that has the capabilities of running non stock maps, as no one ever joins it we are open to map suggestions on that server, it was at one point running other maps.

I cant comment on the max packets as ive never had a problem with it

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:30 am 

What, do you have a custom map server? oh yeah, the one with super goldrush and radar_summer.. cool maps, really.. i still don't know why people wont join it..

well, thanks for taking in mind my suggestions. after all, is your server, and you will do everything so it can be on the tops..

have a good night

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:38 am 

Yes we've tried at some point over the last 6 years, everything you suggested. It was intended to be a large "fun" server especially designed for the majority of people here, who didn't want to take it too seriously. Heavy weapons have always been 1 of each per team incidentally, so would love to know how you managed to get on a team with 2 mortars. We reduced arty already, believe it or not and also reduced the number of engineers who could use rifle nades. We've changed spawnpoints left and right, spawn timings, added scripts for certain objectives eg the ability to build one of the fortifications on fuel dump - in short, over a number of years we've made numerous changes to all aspects of the server, in response to people who offered constructive views - those which wouldn't change the general ethos of the server especially - but you know what, there will always be someone who isn't happy.

The "unhit" thing people moan about is not something I've ever experienced personally (does it even exist)?! Would love to hear the views of the network savvy on that one. I keep hearing about it but have never seen it.

I'm sorry if our server isn't perfect for everyone's individual tastes, but ultimately it's the way we want to have it. Everyone else is free to join in - or not!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:38 am 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:08 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:18 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT0OqHr3wHQ

Does it ever occured to some that many players don't like those customs maps ? Personally i can play original maps over and over again and probably many more demo players as well.

However I'd agree that 2 nd battery in rotation is more than slaughter for allied team with fields and soldiers lvl4. Well maybe replacing this battery can be considered. How about rail gun instead ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:14 am 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:13 pm 

I didn't see a few suggestions - I saw from both the title of your post and your opening statement, a set of demands from someone who couldn't be bothered to ask what might already have been tried. If you want people to respond more positively to you, try opening your posts with a little less negativity - you'd be surprised how far it gets you.

For whoever it was that said we expect to be venerated - that is emphatically not the case. God knows we've been doing this long enough to know we're unlikely to get much in the way of thanks. However, I think the very least we can expect is a little common courtesy when being addressed about the imperfections of our server. Having the title of a thread as an out and out demand (in capital letters no less) and opening with "I have several complaints" really isn't the way to make friends and influence people - particularly when you only just got here.

I have no problem at all with people making suggestions. As I said earlier, many have already been taken on board and changes made. But seriously, don't come on here stamping your foot and expect to get a positive response.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:36 pm 

Rofl If we add custom maps to the main server the popularity will drop big time,

we have a highly rated server for years with basic map rotation, now correct me if im wrong bt

for years the server has been running same 6 map campain and we are one of the highest constantly fill servers every night.....

i think that speaks for itself that people aint getting bored of the same maps.

if u want custom maps join other fp server for custom maps bt ur being playing on ur own cause very little people are interested,

personally i feel its not used and should be removed... bt thats just my opinion. (save ur moneys)

and this server is of high standards cause of the way its run and supported through very supportive clan members, admins , staff, leaders and even regulars on the server to which the server could not be continued without this great help.

tbh small minded comments and demands aint gonna work here ether :)

good day

wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:50 pm 

Please stop saying to join the other server when it has the same maps and a few lamer ones like super gold rush and radar summer or w/e. It's like u haven't read what it has been said previously.

As for me i got tired of playing the same maps all the time, so i won't be seen playing on your servers.

~

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:21 pm 
Par 3 Chump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:12 pm 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:26 pm 
Par 3 Chump

for the simple reason because we can :D

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next