[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - Allied / Axis map balance - European Styley
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:12 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Allied / Axis map balance - European Styley
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:04 pm 

Are there any stats on what proportion of the maps go allies or axis way as it seems for weeks, months or longer that maps go 80-90% with the axis.

I'm not sure what's causing it but as a player who like to play allies most of the time its getting pretty frustrating to the point that Im swearing at my screen [not in chat ;) ] more than I'd like. I have a hunch it could be one of two things but maybe its something else?

1) Axis spawn times [on their defence maps] or recharge times are just a tiny bit too generous
2) Many [good] Players have noticed the trend and so when joining don't just join any team or whatever team they fancy playing that night, but wait to join axis and so worsen the situation.

Is there any minor tweaks that could be done to possibly remedy the situation if my hunch on axis/allied map win ratios is about right as it'd be nice to join the server as either team knowing I've roughly a 50/50 chance of being on a winning (or even drawing) team irrespective as to which team I join

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can’t be done.

Post subject: Re: Allied / Axis map balance
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:45 pm 

be nice if people would switch a bit more too, plus lot of players only ever go axis. sittin waitin in spec for a slot watching play seeing an unbalance and still joining the stronger team...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:57 am 
Reigning Live! Golf Champion & Par 3 Champ

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:01 am 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:46 am 

personally i dont like the new script,far too easy for allies,wall now blow-able by dynamite,east gate now being able to be fully built,no door on inside the fuel dump building

if allies are half decent they will breeze the map within 10 mins,they will spawn block the main exit and mortar/arty the bottom exit and axis have no way of getting to the dynamite,i thought the previous script was put in place to atleast give axis a chance to defuse and to stop the spawn blocking

if anything,atleast go back to the one before with only the half built east gate,pleeeeaaase :'(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:40 am 

in my opinion, the fuel dump with allied river spawn, are more fun. New fuel dump added is much easy for allies, and very hard to axis defend. But the last version of axis spawn in command post, are to hard for allies, and easy for campers in axis team.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:32 pm 

The new script has definitely made it easier for Allies, maybe too easy :/

In my opinion Axis need the 2nd spawn in their base to avoid getting camped by Allies.
If dyna gets planted it's too easy for a bunch of Allies just to camp the exits.

Maybe a minor tweak but would help a lot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:13 pm 

Indeed, Garage Spawn back to axis, or atleast the East fence halfway buildable.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:53 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:29 pm 
i helped the server upgrade fund and all i got was this lousy rank :P

i agree with binary on this one

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:16 am 
Reigning Live! Golf Champion & Par 3 Champ

Now unfortunately we are limited to the map scripts that are available. Current script stops what was occurring which was basically a kill allies funfest for 30 mins axis fun/slaughterfest (unless a very good organised allies built bridge early and got the tank over). I know its certainly not ideal as it gives the allies the map advantage but wasnt prepared to sit back and watch the slaughter for 4 + maps every 18 map cycle and it was affecting popularity unsuprisingly. Current script would be perfect if east was 1/2 buildable and garage spawn was enabled but i cant find a version that does that. If you find an alternative map script or have the abililty to write a new one please post a link. :moo:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:56 pm 

Please put fuel dump back to normal if there's no in between script as its now more predictable then ever.

The tank now always seems to blow doors within 2-3mins (1st stage over b4fore its got going) then allies win cos I don't think I've seen allies loose the map since the changes.

I prefer the good old slug fest even if allies although maybe if there's a script to end map after 15-20mins if tank doesn't blow 1st stage doors then that might be handy.

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can’t be done.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:56 pm 

just remove the map entirely, it's become embarrassing tbh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:02 am 

I concur. First part of the map is always over far too quickly to the point you could almost remove that section of the map and no one would notice :(

Someone on the server mentioned a summer version of the map and not sure if this is it, but if it is and there's a non-beta version (or if the beta works fine) then this would be great

http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/show ... hp?t=21478

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:27 am 
Par 3 Chump

I like the looks of that version

;-> al

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:29 pm 

ooohh .. that looks like a good map especially since it is meant for large servers

8)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:47 pm 

looks like an improvement to me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:50 am 

Got to be worth a try as I'm not sure I've heard anyone say the current FD map is better than the standard map as while it was a good concept to try balance the map out in practice its turned the map from a 80/20 axis win ratio to almost the exact opposite if not more. The old map was actually more enjoyable to play wether axis or allies.

That said, I'd love to try the one above for lets say a week then if it doesn't work I'll settle for the std map with the few minor mods we had before.

There's only one way to know it it'll work and thats to give it workout with 30 players for a week and gauge opinion as I doubt very much die hard original map fans will find it too different from the original to count as a custom map.

That said, I'm not 100% sure its out of beta as I saw on one forum (splash damages iirc) that there were a fair few missing textures and oddities in the beta.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:02 am 

My googling is legendary :+

The Desert Map looks good and has mods to the layout not jsut textures but not sure its ever come out of beta.

BUT

I've found Fuel Dump European Style (FINAL) and it looks good

http://european-style.wolfmap.de/fueldump.html

Worth a go as while I expect the gameplay will be much the same as the original but it does look lush in comparison with the original map

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:11 pm 

Would be nice to see a little change for a while maybe a trial of it?
Description from there site.
This mod gives Fuel Dump and Rail Gun a new look with less snow.
The pk3 includes only the needed files, no bloat or scripts are included.
What do the admins think?...and Moi your googling is legendary \o