[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - Players holding out for axis
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:38 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Players holding out for axis
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:10 pm 

Team balance and lack of xp shuffle pass votes are starting to wind me up to the point I'm considering finding an XP balance server or even quitting the game (horah i hear some voices say :+ )

5 Straight maps of axis holds (often without moving onto stage 2 of maps), teams like this and still the votes fail consistently.

Is it so hard if your on a winning team thats slaughtering the opposition to press f1 occasionally when its clear as mud which way each and every map is going to go that campaign? :(

or even for those exceptional players (you know who you are) that have built up plenty of XP to do the decent thing swap to the weaker side to beef it up a bit?

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can’t be done.

Post subject: Re: Players holding out for axis
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:25 pm 

There were or are so many other examples a lot better then this one from today. Like i already told you ingame, the XP difference in players was mostly due to players on allies coming on later in the game then axis. And that's probably also due to the allies team beeing more often refreshed due to again (as you mentioned) frustrating situations and people leaving because of them. Then the new players have in most cases only free slots on allies to choose from.

That's usually the case.

The problem you described is not so easy to fix tho. You can't go from person to person and asking them to move to allies. Even more so you can't switch people without them agreeing to it, that's just stupid. The fact is that people tend to join axis, because it's less of a challenge to play and yes some only join the stronger teams to begin with. That's the nature of people and you can't or won't be likely to change that.

As you can also see on the screenshot you provided, there's a slot empty on axis, so like i said this was not a very good example of what you were trying to say.

I do understand your frustration, but i don't see way of fixing this easily, if you got any ideas please present them.

P.S.

I mostly join axis, for several reasons... no matter which team is stronger (quality-wise, not quantity-wise) if there's a free slot on axis i'll join axis. If it's not i'll join allies, simple as that. The reason why i enjoy axis more is very simple and obvious, with allies if you want to have fun, you need teamwork... if there's teamwork, allies a lot more fun to play. But sadly that's just not the case in 95% of the time on a pub server. With axis, you can pretty much be a lone-wolf and still have fun, you take care of the flock (if you're a med, which i play most of the time) but other then that you can have fun either way, with or without teamwork. Another reason, minor one tho is i simply prefer MP40 to Thompson. But the main reason is well described above...

Mind you, shuffles never solve anything (just pissess people off and in some cases empties the server) so i never shuffle unless it's like 15vs10 for awhile or some other strange situation...

P.P.S.

What winds me up lately tho, is people making a habit of coming to our forum "threatening" to leave to find themselves another server for whatever the reason may be. Imo not the way to do things.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:08 am 

sorry I didn't mean to threaten to leave the server....it'll never happen [so long as the server is around] and I'll still be playing Et in 5 years time :+ This is why the enjoyment on both teams on the server is important to me :)

All your points are valid and I can see there isn't an easy solution that doesn't piss people off the other way so guess all i was hoping to do with this thread is raise the awareness amongst those that sit and wait for axis slots and in doing so strengthen an already strong team to try understand team balance from the stance of the weaker team.

If you join a server and your a 50/50 axis/allies type player but pretty good then consider beefing up the weaker team cos I don't know about others but while its nice to be party to the slaughter off another team after 2 maps it gets boring which ever side your on. Not only do you not get to attack/defend on more than one section of the map as most of the maps have 2-4 distinct phases if fought closely. Bearing in mind this is a standard map server of only 6 [good, well loved and well known] maps but it limits the variation of positions. Whether axis or allies, to me at least there's more thrill when say on Gold Rush once the doors are open not knowing if the allies will snatch victory from the jaws of defeat (the timer) or not. Does anyone disagree if when the allies just about sneak the last gold bar (without SK) with with about 1min to go but a broken truck and one barrier if thats not what ET is all about?

Apply same thought to the final stages of Fuel Dump when allies are clambering all over the dump but axis are putting up a damn good fight (Y)

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can’t be done.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:07 pm 

Didn't really think you would, just pointing out the trend lately :)Y Good to hear as i'm sure most of us will be around for just about that long lol \o

Yep i completely understand your position and i salute your attempt to raise awarness amongst players to also join the weaker teams not just sit and wait for a free slot on a more favourable axis team. If this thread convinces atleast 1 player to do so more often, i guess the goal has been achieved. (Y)

Let's see what happens >.<

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:26 pm 

Im are in top allies :D , excpetional players are for me no? :) u use fov 120 binary?

Seriously, this day (first post) stay all maps with uneven teams and xp. It's hard to allies,it's sad o a shame that… any axis players of top, or people vote no to shufle, switch to allies to balance...is more easy play in to senior team for camp and frustrated allies map one after the other.

pd:my engish is bad :)Y :)Y