[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - Games similar to ET
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Games similar to ET
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:30 pm 

I had around a 5 year break from ET and I'm back playing again, nowhere near the level I used to be but I'm getting there. I still love the game but it doesn't give me the same excitement it did when I played before.

I've tried lots of games and the one I like (and play) the most is the counter strike games.
Nothing else comes close to the fast paced objective based style that ET has, I have bought brink after reading about its similarities and it was made based on ET.... It's not a bad game but the online play is practically dead.

The main thing I don't like about other games are: no strafe/trick jumping, no hit sounds, no classes such as medic - engineer etc, I also don't like how when you're being shot in other games it slows down your movement considerably so you're aiming standing still.

What's everyone else's thoughts on other games? Are there any upcoming releases that look good/similar style to ET?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Games similar to ET
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:32 pm 

no, ET 4 ever we'll die with it...one day. :'(

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:40 pm 

http://www.splashdamage.com/blog/1014/d ... ZJo_7X7D6U

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:40 pm 

Last edited by SIR NUBBINz on Wed May 15, 2013 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:40 am 

Looks promising, gonna wait for Beta or full release though, not paying for a closed Alpha :)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:46 pm 

looks like a gg :)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:53 pm 

Typical me can't wait for anything, I just paid the $120 to participate in the alpha testing. (The game is downloading as I type this)
There are a lot of videos on the private forum which I would love to share but that's strictly forbidden so I won't.

--I've removed what I said last night as I may have breached the non disclosure agreement which I agreed to when I signed up for the alpha testing--

Sorry! I'll update here when I'm allowed to, I don't want to risk my alpha place :)

Last edited by SIR NUBBINz on Thu May 16, 2013 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:21 pm 

If it can be tweaked, like ET in cfg's maybe it will be the next real deal. The ET thrived because it can be configed to be extremly clean (no explosions and smoke etc). Let's wait and see.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:18 pm 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:17 am 
Par 3 Chump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:00 pm 

Dirty bomb looks worth to try, but if you guys look at the previous games made by that company, many reasons to be skeptical about it. Games like ET:QW,Wolfenstein 2, Brink tried to take the objective based gameplay from ET and 'upgrade' it to the modern standards. That usually means things like slower gameplay, ironsights and more bullet damage so casual can score a frag with a single headshot. Dirty Bomb looks just like that. So, it's not just the objective based gameplay that makes the ET great.

Hard to master movement style is like half of it - so much fun just to move around and some players spend years learning all kinds of trickjumps. =x My recommendation? Look for Q3 clones, so many of them around. I've only tried Warsow and its fun sometimes, but it has no objective based mode or classes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:36 pm 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:37 pm 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:03 am 

Really not sure what I can say so I won't go through them individually but all of what you said there is totally wrong except for the fire rate of guns, this can be faster depending on which gun you're using.

One sniper hs can kill in ET...

No one uses the iron sights except for long range shots maybe.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:19 am 

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:54 pm 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:16 pm 

Okay, two questions if you don't mind.

Can you actually bunny hop in this game and perform trickjumps? Circle jump, strafe or Warsow style jumps? Is it possible to sprint while shooting without losing any spread at all?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:33 pm 

Really not sure I can answer without breaching the NDA.

Profile E-mail