[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - [fP] demolition centre too keeping alive ;)
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:50 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: [fP] demolition centre too keeping alive ;)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:57 am 
Reigning Live! Golf Champion & Par 3 Champ

£10 from raz

£66.24 funds

£94.80 paid to provider

So this month £30 paid by raz (hasn't play on server for years and £28 ish from me who hasn't shot a bullet this year..no comments about nothing new there lol). Again the bulk of costs paid by people who don't play but believe in what we do and have done since 2003. This is unsustainable and because of this have advised our providers to pull the plug at the end of December. Didn't want to ruin xmas for people who like to play on the server and not pay...i need to give my head a shake lol (and their's).

So thats it, thankyou to those who have contributed and enjoyed playing on the server over the many years. It's been a blast but things and life moves on and free meal tickets aren't one of them ;)

Al

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: [fP] demolition centre too
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:50 pm 

Have just seen this flash up on the server, think I'm not alone in hoping we can avert this :(

How about setting a target to get a years worth of hosting then keeping a thread (this one?) upto date with how we're doing as I know there's always requests for donations but without targets and how the total so far is looking, its very easy to hope someone else pays....I'm guilty of this and reckon many are.

For starters how much does a years hosting cost and if we can meet it say half of it by Dec 1st and the full amount by Dec 31st, then can we have another 12 months action?

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can’t be done.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:54 pm 

Another idea, what about adsense ads on the forum and encouraging regulars to visit the forum now and again and clicking a few...each click thru ads tends to make about 46p, I know this cos I have a forum myself (http://honda-forums.com/forum/index.php) and have a few subtle ads which help pay the hosting costs to the degree that I promised the forum I'd remove the ads once I hit enough to cover the hosting (which admittedly is less than a game servers requirements) but I'm getting near after 2 months or so :)

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can’t be done.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:40 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:50 pm 

I hope so although the silence from other regulars who I'd have thought must pop into the forum for a quick look now and again is deafening :o

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:16 pm 

Yeeep |8|(=|

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:19 am 

im up for chipping in £30 a month, going to make me a bit more skint then I already am, but if it means saveing the server (if it can be saved) im up for that.
I only play of Dc2 and tbh if it shuts down so will my interest in ET.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:31 am 

Can the server be saved? thats the important question,if it can ill keep pestering people for donations.
And Moi 's idea of a revenue stream needs serious consideration.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:02 pm 

hi there,
sad news i spotted on the banner yesterday, hope we can save the server with support from regulars.
anyway im in to donate to preserve the server

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:37 pm 

Can we have a figure from someone in the know for a years hosting?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:43 am 

£94.40 x 12 months...this month thus far nil

this continues and plug pulled at the end of this month

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:52 am 

Hello All,
I am up for contributing £10 per month either by standing order or by a recurring PayPal payment. To Pants: I did make a donation in October, did you receive it?
Kind regards
Iwspliff

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:14 pm 

Just an idea; is it worth changing Server providers; I have been using Tagadab (UK based) for many moons, they offer a dedicated server for around £60 (ex VAT) per month.
Intel Dual Core i3-2100, 3.1 GHz, 3MB Smart Cache
4gb Ram, 250gb Hard drive, unlimited bandwidth
http://www.tagadab.com/uk/dedicated-servers/T400

This may also help end lag issue some player experience. Please disregard if this is a stupid suggestion.
Kind regards
Iwspliff

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:14 pm 

Hello friends,

ill give 30 pounds per month if it helps to keep server alive.

kind regards ernie |8|(=|

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:53 am 
Par 3 Chump

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:19 am 

To iwspliff as raz says yes and moved the contributions post to 'friends' section so you should be able to access it and see it (if you can't please say). If we had more like you mate who used the server and chipped in like you do we wouldn't be in this situation. We've tried cheaper providers before and whilst the uk pings dropped to single digits global ones went up so went back with original provider who is based in london.

To Ernie, if this is a genuine offer and not just fueled by beer (i note the time and saturday of the post lol) it would go a long way towards making keeping a server alive sustainable.

£18.92 GBP received from Maz ty v55

putting his money where his mouth is v55

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:54 pm 

Hello Pants,
Many thanks for your reply; I don't have access to the Friends section. Regarding Tagadab hosting; the data centre is the UK, London Docklands. I have rented various servers (Dedicated and Virtual) since 2008; both uptime and support is A1. They are part of Claranet Group (very early UK ISP back in days of dial up) and have a lot of resources.
It may be worth a try; they offer a 7 day free trial; if successful it could save nearly £300 across the year. I am sure you know I am not linked with Tagadab in any way apart from being a long term happy customer ;)
Kind regard
Ian

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:47 pm 

£20 on its way in tonight al, ill chip in another £20 in a week or two m8.
:moo:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:51 am 

30 pounds are on the way.
Will arrive in the next few days.
Greetings ernie ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:04 pm 

Hello,
I can give 5 pounds per month and P3tro, maybe MONG too, but tell me if it help and server not closed in december, it we pay.

Greetz
Rafix.Max

Profile E-mail