* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: monty
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:02 am 

Im struggling to understand why so many ppl have issues with Monty on the run,so please post your experiences here.
thx

Post subject: Re: monty
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:33 am 

From what I have read on the Hirntot forum and from my personal experience with him and from what I have heard from our regulars complaining and from what I have seen on CC, while it was still up and running, Monty is a person with serious psychological issues. Either he's bipolar or perhaps even shizo. He goes from one extreme to the other in a matter of 2 seconds.

He can be very understanding, apologetic, eloquent, smooth talker, he can make it seem like the whole world is against him and everyone else is a problem, everyone BUT him. Then in a matter of two seconds, you will see him push the mortar guy, teambleed people on spawn, even teamkill people on spawn and gib them. You will see him selfkill infight, spawnkill with no regrets even though he knows fully well that what he is doing is against the rules.

Above all though, he is an agitator, he will lock onto a target (pick a random player) and do just about anything and everything to create a conflict, after which he will go into lengthy debates on how HE is the victim and not the other way around. And he also does this in the long run, so it's a premeditated, well thought of plan, seriously he builds up the tension between him and the player over a matter of days, evenings etc.

Ever since he sort of "migrated" from Hirntot, where he had a lot of heat on him, I started receiving a concerning amount of complaints about him being abusive, rule braking etc. and again also while CC was still up and running, I could see his ramblings to other players via PM system, like annoyingly constant. Most of which were derogatory or insulting to say the least.

In my honest opinion and I have told this to several regular players from which I have received a complaint about Monty, I will remove him either temporarily (for a couple of days) or remove him permanently from our beloved server - honestly we do not need disturbing factors or players like Monty on DC2, where the player base is getting smaller by the month and people like Monty only speed up that process.

My 2 cents.

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:50 pm 

Thank you Binary,great post,and yes now I see the pattern of behaviour you talk about.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:24 pm 

He's permbanned. I am expecting a wide debate and attacks on me from his side in the Shoutbox of course. No doubt there'll be some posts about me on the Hirntot forums, since he can't make one here, since our registration process is bogged down.

Any way, we're better off without him I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:50 pm 

I absolutely agree,glad to see the back of him.

Thx Brian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:17 pm 

Thank god he's gone he whas a real pain in the ass :)
\o \o

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:08 pm 

Well, right now I am thinking of giving him another chance, ONLY if he agrees publicly on the Shoutbox to our conditions. Which if he is a person that I think he is, he will blow the chance in no time.

But he is right, he never was banned before and everyone deserves a 2nd chance. So prepare yourselves for his unban, I will let him know that any one of the terms he brakes in the future, he's back to ban and this time it will stay in place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:36 pm 

Fair enough ,as you say everyone deserves a second chance,will soon see his true character.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:14 am 

I have two bad encounters with him, one that happened a few months ago and one from fp server recently. First one was on hbc/hirntot, not quite 100% sure which one it was but he was following me around with a flamer and tried to corner me by not letting me to put up my defence anywhere. Other players in my team saw it and kicked him out. I didn't even start that vote.

Some time passed and i saw him again and this time i spoke with him about it and he was being really nice and polite and said it was someone faking him. It was a bit weird since that faker used the same binds too but i still belived him. Now after reading that Binary's post i'm not so sure about it anymore.

So what is the other bad encounter? Well, when i played on fp with my 'Lumi' nickname he SK'ed the allied team on oasis. I guess he didn't like that i tried to call the admins and when he succesfully panzered me to pieces in allied spawn he PM'ed me with messages like 'Shellshocked' or 'Martyr'. I actually managed to keep my cool and only asked him to stop with PM's. I don't remember ever saying anything bad to him and i don't hold any grudge.

I have quite a high tolerance for annoying players and i'm fine with him being unbanned if he can follow the rules.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:19 am 

Thanks for all your input lads :) I will lift the ban and let's see what happens. If he continues he will go back to being banned and will have a lot less chance, if any of ever coming back.

Monty's ban lifted. Please comment here if any problems occur in the future.

Thanks!