[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[fP]Forum • View topic - Getting kicked with msg [UNITYHUB] #4355
Home IRC Forums About us Members Wars Downloads Links Shop Stats
* FAQ    * Search * Login   * Register

Welcome to the [fP]Forums \o/

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics
Delete all board cookies | The team

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Getting kicked with msg [UNITYHUB] #4355
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:25 pm 
i helped the server upgrade fund and all i got was this lousy rank :P

Hi.

I'm having problems connecting to the server today. I connect for no more than 10 seconds then get kicked with the message

Server Disconnected - Punkbuster kick player 'aRaKnId' (for 5 minutes) ... [UNITYHUB]: You have been temporarily banned from joining this server. [BANID: #4355]

I did unintentionally leave my computer connected to the server while in spectator mode for around 5 hours last night, but I can't see how this would cause the above message.

Any ideas?

I'm running virus scans now - just in case.

And no, no ET hacks on my PC!

Post subject: Re: Getting kicked with msg [UNITYHUB] #4355
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:19 pm 

No idea m8 any other Players hat Same issue too, but honestly i have no clue why this happens.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:31 pm 

A UNITYHUB ban is a ban that's universal across many servers I think (Hirntot, [fP] and Nexus are connected into this). Usually put into effect because of a hack detected. I am certain you didn't cheat or anything just saying.

Btw can you connect to either Hirntot or Nexus and don't get banned?

IMO you got caught in a ban of someone else, same IP range or something dunno just thinking out loud.

Will check if your ban can be removed, altho I think that UNITYHUB bans aren't in my domain or admin access... :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:26 pm 

Usually, when I have f-all to do I jump on ET to pass time. But because of this ban I thought I'd give Linux another try. After about 4 reinstalls I finally got ET working on it.
Not sure if it was the new ET Key, GUID or whether it was because I restarted the router but I managed to connect last night without being kicked. My windows HDD is disconnected at the moment (just in case I did something wrong), but I will reconnect it on the weekend and try joining DC2 again. Going to try refining this Linux install this week.

Thanks for the replies.

(The windows install was virus free)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:13 pm 

Glad to see you back online m8. \o

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:52 am 

Just a quick update... I plugged my Windows XP drive back in and ET connected as usual. I'm guessing all it took was a router restart (new IP address).

Anyway the Linux distribution I tried was Ubuntu Studio (it's geared more towards multimedia work with a low latency kernel and all). Took quite a bit of effort to get ET to run but even then I had no sound and neither MOUSE6 nor MOUSE7 worked (although they worked OK in my browser). I tried searching online for solutions but none worked for me. ET is the only game I play so I was hoping to have at least that under Linux. I've given it a week of my life and have given up on it again.

BTW, I did run a timedemo and got 315fps on which XP gave 226fps(!!!). So with that fact alone I'll probably give Linux another bash when I have time - and patience!

Also, the mouse never felt 'right' in ET. I did run a script to disable mouse acceleration but not sure if it worked.

Perhaps common Ubuntu would have been easier... but if anyone has got ET to work under Ubuntu Studio and can offer advice, that would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:22 pm 

Hi Ara,

All the excitement just to satisfy your addiction on ET, but nice job btw. Keep us updated in that matter :)

greetz Ernie \o/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:36 pm 

Hehe nope all that excitement was because I'm too tight to pay for a new operating system :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:51 pm 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:32 am 

Hi Siru.

Sorry I didn't make it clear, I meant that the mouse didn't feel right in Linux (even though I had run a script to disable mouse acceleration). It probably just need me to experiment with the settings more but sound and the mouse thumb buttons were higher up in the priority list for me. I'll come back to it during X-mas holidays, I think.

Thanks for the advice, though, gonna give that raw mouse input thing a go :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:54 pm 

That was a IP range ban targeting some other dude. If this is your GUID, b6621b6b, I'd add it to the whitelist.

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:04 pm 

Cheers benny. :)Y

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:49 pm 

Oops, sorry for the late reply, Bennz.

At first, I couldn't remember how to list my GUIDs but managed to get them using the /guids and /pb_plist commands. Neither matched the one you've listed, though :(